Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Chronicles of Rue

I went to the food bank yesterday. I was humbled. The only thing they were giving away was bread. I felt grateful for that. The area in which I live is poverty stricken. We are only second to the Appalachians in Tennessee.


Up until May of this year I was doing ok. I still had a bit of money left in the bank. But after my daughter's illness and her medicine. And other personal things. My money was gone, but I still had my job. Now it has been 3 weeks since I have worked.


I have the power on until the end of the month, and the phones. It is a possibility that I may be writing these posts from the library, it has free WiFi.

I am not asking for money. I am writing this because I know there are millions out there who are suffering just like I am.


I am trying to figure it out. I am trying to find a way to get another job. I look every single day.


But this is what I have found out about having no job or money.


That every single meal is a religious experience...


That I will not eat so I can save food for my daughter. And I feel good about it. Sacrifice is good when you do it for another.

I started hanging clothes out on the line months ago to save on our power bill. And I like doing it. I enjoy the way they smell. I like walking places instead of always using the car. The car which I may lose if the payments aren't made.


I will be searching for ways to help all of you out there as well as me. I am determined to do it.

Till next time. Rue

No comments: